Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bermuda Triangle Spinach Salad


Obviously I have been on a cooking craze. At the beginning of this week I determined to plan out the meals and try new things. And I did it! One whole week of planned meals and lots of food in the house and no "it's five o'clock and I have no idea what to make for dinner AGAIN" moments. Yay. :-)
Well this salad is fantastic. I found the original recipe here, and below is my rendition of it. They had a brilliant idea for how to boil eggs (put the eggs in BEFORE you put the water in----practically GENIOUS!). And this dressing is divine. So lovely. Makes way more than you'll need for the amount of salad, great leftover!


SALAD: Boil the eggs. Cook the bacon, then crumble/chop. Chop the mushrooms. Wash the spinach.
Assemble everything in large bowl. Serve with dressing (below).

6 eggs
1/3 lb of turkey bacon
1-2 pounds of spinach
sliced fresh mushrooms

DRESSING: Blend the following ingredients
1 chopped onion
2/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp celery seed
1 Tbsp mustard (preferably Dijon)

No comments:

Post a Comment